History and Art
One of the beautiful stained glass windows (above) created by member Becky Anderson for our Sanctuary. You'll see many of these stained glass images used throughout the website!
Becky (to the right) with her most recent Trinity art installation, located in our Narthex.
Our doors have been open for more than a century
We have been a congregation in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho since 1905.
We were first served by Pastor Ole M. Holden, who also served a congregation in Spokane, WA.
The Sanctuary on our current site was constructed in 1913. Enlargements and additions were made in 1929, 1960, and 1992.
Our Sanctuary was extensively remodeled in 2013.
Art created by our members and friends graces many areas of our church: beautiful stained glass windows in the Sanctuary, painted panels in the entry, and our hand-wrought eternal light. We are truly blessed to have so many willing people share their artistic and creative gifts!
"Everlasting Light," the eternal flame holder created for the sanctuary by members Shannon Erwin (glass) and Tyree Riggs (metal). In the years since it was taken down, the old glass eternal flame holder had broken. The pieces were kept and handed on to Shannon to incorporate some of that glass in the new flame. The darkest reds are that glass. Tyree created the intricate metal branches.